Airbnb is one of the fastest growing rental opportunities in the world, and with over 150 million people using this service as of 2017, it has also become a unique, and ever-increasing income opportunity!
It’s no secret that staged homes sell faster, and for higher profit, but did you realize the same is true for rental properties?
Units for rent have a higher occupancy rate when they’re professionally staged, than those without staging, they also receive significantly more interest online.
Remember, at INhance IT!, one of our specialties are restyling homes, so if you’re ready to revamp your rental unit, call us first.
5 Expert Staging Tips for an Airbnb or Rental Property
1. Small reminders of “home” can add personality, without being too personal!
A few ways to make people feel at home:
- A variety of current magazines on a bookshelf or coffee table.
- A basket of freshly folded or rolled throw blankets beside the couch.
- Live plants, if possible.
- Local items such as nearby restaurant menus, a bottle or glass from the local winery etc.
2. Neutral color schemes seem like an obvious tip, but when it comes to a fully furnished income property, you must remember that tip isn’t just about the wall colors, it’s about the entire unit. Bringing in color is great, as you can see in our staged homes we put touches of color in each project, but do so in a way that isn’t overwhelming to your guests.
3. Conversation areas are necessary, even in very small spaces.
- An appropriately sized dining table with chairs.
- Stools beneath the countertop.
- Two conversation chairs with a small table between.
- A Bistro set on the balcony.
4. Don’t forget the entry. A clean exterior entry, and a welcoming entryway when you walk in, work together to give your occupants an inviting experience every single time they leave and return.
- Make sure the door is painted without signs of wear and tear.
- A welcome mat is fashionable and functional.
- Wreaths are a nice touch.
- A thin interior console table and wall mirror are a great entryway idea.
5. Mirrors open small spaces and reflect light. Here are ten tips from HGTV to decorate with mirrors: http://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/furniture-and-accessories/10-tips-for-decorating-with-mirrors-pictures